Excited about being able to write this: the new Helium Horse Fly record, Hollowed is out now!
Here’s the record’s full tracklist:
- Happiness 6’02
- In A Deathless Spell 14’20
- Algeny 8’32
- Progeny 4’26
- Monochrome 11’40
- Shelter 2’28
Very proud of releasing this record today. We also have a few things to share in the next weeks, so stay tuned for more announcements soon!
Hollowed will be available on January 18 2019 in vinyl, CD and digital, as well as on Spotify, iTunes and all major music streaming platforms.
Here’s the first track of the album, Happiness:
I’m really excited about this new record and can’t wait to share the full release next month!
After 4 months of hard work, I’m excited to release a whole new feature for Complete Ear Trainer: Custom Programs.
In addition to still be able to create quick single custom drills, you can now create full custom training programs with up to 20 chapters and 20 drills per chapter. Custom programs are really useful if you want to build a personalized training program and are offering many options: chapters/simple drill list, scoring, stars, number of required stars, etc.
But that’s not all, you can invite friends or students to join your custom programs. Each custom program can have its own private leaderboards and for example if you’re a teacher you can create custom programs for your students, add drills every week and see their scores on the leaderboards.
I’ll sure be using this myself when teaching!
I just published an update for Complete Ear Trainer on Android. New features highlights:
- Easy mode added. A brand new mode specially designed for beginners featuring 51 drills over 12 chapters
- The results screen has been greatly improved with better contextual texts and a brand new secondary screen with detailed result, explanation and statistics
- 6 new sound banks added: vintage piano, Rhodes piano, harpsichord, concert harp, strings and pizzicato strings. There’s now a total of 8 sound banks available (via single in-app purchases or via a full pack which give access to all the sound banks)
- The guitar sound bank has been remade from scratch
- Sound banks are now handled in a new dedicated screen where you can preview, buy, download and delete them
- New option added: random sound bank. By selecting this, each question will use a different sound bank
- You can now set a number of questions for custom drills. As a result, custom drills with a finite number of questions are behaving like classic drills, with a results screen and a high score kept and displayed on the cards
- To work on specific inversions, it is now possible to chose which inversions to exclude in a custom drill
- The 12 harmonic and melodic minor modes are now available in custom drills
And more, full changelog here: Android Changelog
A video recording of a niece piece by my friend and composer Dimitri Iannello, La Faune.
I’m currently hard at work on the next Helium Horse Fly record, and we’re doing things differently this time, with more production time and more work at home. I’m discovering that I really enjoy the process of making a record much more that way: having time to try things, to record and edit the guitars myself, etc. Details on the record coming soon.
About Complete Ear Trainer, I wrote and played a small piece of piano for a promotional video a few months ago, here it is:
The iOS version of Complete Ear Trainer has just been published! A few things are missing and will be added in future updates (mainly arcade mode, guitar sound bank and tutorial screens), but these few things apart, the app has been ported exactly the same by my friend Benjamin Rossi. You can even sync your progression between your Android and iOS devices. Happy ear training!
I’m really proud to announce that Complete Ear Trainer for Android has been released today. It is an app for smartphones I have been working on since more than a year. You can download it here:
The iOS version will be coming soon. Happy ear training!
About Helium Horse Fly :
Experimental rock, venomous noise music, progressive baroque hardcore, putting a label on this unusual band is no easy task. A crossroads that brings together diametrically opposed worlds and bridges the gap between extremes, led by a female voice at a cross between incantation and lyricism, Helium Horse Fly offers a musical journey that oscillates between tense breathing spells and cathartic violence.
The collection of sheet music I have edited and published under the name of eLuna editions is now available on the Editions page. The edited pieces are mainly my compositions for classical guitar, as well as a few transcriptions.