You are more than 200,000 to have downloaded Complete Ear Trainer on Google Play, and more than 2,000 to have reviewed it for an average score of 4.6/5, thank you! Currently working on a new feature that will definitely be useful for teachers and students, stay tuned.
I just published an update for Complete Ear Trainer on Android. New features highlights:
- Easy mode added. A brand new mode specially designed for beginners featuring 51 drills over 12 chapters
- The results screen has been greatly improved with better contextual texts and a brand new secondary screen with detailed result, explanation and statistics
- 6 new sound banks added: vintage piano, Rhodes piano, harpsichord, concert harp, strings and pizzicato strings. There’s now a total of 8 sound banks available (via single in-app purchases or via a full pack which give access to all the sound banks)
- The guitar sound bank has been remade from scratch
- Sound banks are now handled in a new dedicated screen where you can preview, buy, download and delete them
- New option added: random sound bank. By selecting this, each question will use a different sound bank
- You can now set a number of questions for custom drills. As a result, custom drills with a finite number of questions are behaving like classic drills, with a results screen and a high score kept and displayed on the cards
- To work on specific inversions, it is now possible to chose which inversions to exclude in a custom drill
- The 12 harmonic and melodic minor modes are now available in custom drills
And more, full changelog here: Android Changelog
I’m currently hard at work on the next Helium Horse Fly record, and we’re doing things differently this time, with more production time and more work at home. I’m discovering that I really enjoy the process of making a record much more that way: having time to try things, to record and edit the guitars myself, etc. Details on the record coming soon.
About Complete Ear Trainer, I wrote and played a small piece of piano for a promotional video a few months ago, here it is:
The iOS version of Complete Ear Trainer has just been published! A few things are missing and will be added in future updates (mainly arcade mode, guitar sound bank and tutorial screens), but these few things apart, the app has been ported exactly the same by my friend Benjamin Rossi. You can even sync your progression between your Android and iOS devices. Happy ear training!
I’m really proud to announce that Complete Ear Trainer for Android has been released today. It is an app for smartphones I have been working on since more than a year. You can download it here:
The iOS version will be coming soon. Happy ear training!